Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 ... 10
Mischief / Re: Festivals 2017
« Last post by Barbara on Friday, June 16 2017 11:52AM GMT-1 »
So how about this.... Folk East festival have Squeezy doing their own version of gardeners question time & now Pete Flood will be taking people on a nature walk around the grounds of Glemham hall! Such a nice place to be!
Mischief / Re: Annoying Things
« Last post by maureen on Wednesday, June 14 2017 06:30PM GMT-1 »
Oh that all sounds much more positive Ellie - and it'll be lovely for you to be able to spend all the time you want with the baby, before having to think about another job.
Don't forget to let us know when he/she arrives!
« Last post by firebird on Wednesday, June 14 2017 11:17AM GMT-1 »
Thanks folks - it's bloody awful timing, but was confirmed yesterday that I'm out and my colleague has the remaining role. They wanted me in for a next meeting in 2 weeks, at which point I just laughed at them. They've left it for me to get in touch when it's suitable, so I can just ignore it until I can manage it with baby. And the payoff seems like it might make more financial sense than staying in any form, so we're looking on the positive side. And now I know, I can just focus on the baby - next few days I hope!  :o

Chris is safe, Maureen, luckily, but keeping an eye out for other jobs, as the future doesn't feel terribly secure even if this is it for now. Of course, now he doesn't even have to limit his job-search to the southeast, which is useful! (although I did point out that after 3 years of hard work on the garden, I'm a bit reluctant to start again from scratch somewhere else!). Plus, I had been very much in two minds about whether I would actually want to go back to work afterwards, so at least this makes the decision easier - if I want to, I can go out and find a suitable job  :)
« Last post by Carolyn on Monday, June 12 2017 10:28PM GMT-1 »
Rotten timing, Ellie, but as Maureen said, look forward to the future.

Only two days  :o ?
« Last post by DawnG on Monday, June 12 2017 10:17PM GMT-1 »
What Maureen said xxx
« Last post by maureen on Monday, June 12 2017 08:41PM GMT-1 »
Oh Ellie. That's awful timing. Try to relax and concentrate on that baby. Hope things will work out for you and if you don't keep your job, that you get a nice pay-off and find something more congenial when you are ready to return to work.
Is Chris's job affected too?
« Last post by firebird on Monday, June 12 2017 04:45PM GMT-1 »
Been a while since we had any annoying things, which is good! However, I heard last week (can't talk about it on FB due to work people) that my job is at risk of redundancy. Fabulous timing, with baby due in 2 days. Got dragged in for a meeting, and got another one tomorrow...just when I could do without something else to stress and worry about  >:( Mind you, from what I've been hearing, doesn't sound like it would have been a very happy place to go back to next year anyway  :-\
Mischief / Re: Nice Things
« Last post by Alycat on Monday, June 5 2017 08:31PM GMT-1 »
Saw my consultant today. Everything is fine. The fibroids were all benign (although one weighed 3.5 lbs, equivalent to being 28-30 weeks pregnant!) Back to work on Monday.
Well that's one way to lose weight!
« Last post by maureen on Saturday, June 3 2017 09:30PM GMT-1 »
Blimey, Shelley - that's heavy! Very pleased to hear they were benign.
« Last post by Vivienne on Saturday, June 3 2017 10:35AM GMT-1 »
That's good to hear :) :aemo_spibod_wave:
Pages: [1] 2 ... 10