Author Topic: 10th Anniversary Tour  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Anna

10th Anniversary Tour
« on: Wednesday, April 6 2011 09:03AM GMT-1 »
Well, Oxford last night was brilliant! I really love the new tuneset (and I really, really hope it gets named after the funnier anecdote, but I won't spoil it for people who haven't heard it yet!). The venue was lovely - an old swimming pool. A good mixture of material from all the albums, including one from Floodplain. And it was lovely to hear Dawn Chorus live again  :) I hope Squeezy's leaky Salterelle is on the road to recovery!

Mab, I hope you got home okay, and Shirl, I hope it was worth the journey (but I somehow suspect that it was  ;D)
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

Offline firebird

• BrightYoungFolk
Re: 10th Anniversary Tour
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 6 2011 10:30AM GMT-1 »
And it was lovely to hear Dawn Chorus live again  :)

Now you've got me hoping they'll play it again at Farnham tonight...
Morris teams: HuMP and Taeppa's Tump

Offline Gower Flower

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 13 2011 11:07AM GMT-1 »
A bit late replying, but here goes....

Lovely to meet up with Carolyn, Anna and Mab at Ye Olde Former Swimming Pool  ;) :D

Seriously, The North Wall Arts Centre is a splendid venue, very intimate and beautifully "done out" as it were.  :D  John and Jon were, as ever, a delight to both the eyes and ears.  ;)  They were on great form, of course, and appeared to enjoy performing as much as the audience enjoyed listening.

Some new material, interspersed with lots of old favourites. Jon was keen to plug the Shepherd's Bush gig. Come on people! If you haven't booked your ticket yet, I suspect there is still time!

Yes Anna, you are right. The journey was worth it. (I sometimes wonder mind, but in "the moment" at "the gig" there is no doubt.)  ::)

Roll on Shepherd's Bush.  :D  See you there, people!
All along and down a lea!

Upcoming gigs:

Cropredy, August 7 - 9
Simpson Cutting & Kerr, 23.09. Cardiff
10cc, 8th October, Swansea Grand Theatre
Show of Hands, Cardiff, November 20th
Bellowhead, Cardiff, 26 November

Offline Clare

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 14 2011 07:32AM GMT-1 »
Birmingham Red Lion last night was definitely worth it (even if we didn't get home 'til almost 1am and now on train back to Brum at 7.15!)
The place was packed to the rafters with scarcely room to get through the crowd to bar. Magpie Lane did a fantastic set - think the crowd would have been happy to hear them play a lot longer. Jon acted as impromptu junior sound engineer at one point, much to merriment of crowd!
Jon & John were superb - loved the new tunes + it was lovely to hear the older ones which haven't heard live for some time. Sounds like the new tuneset might be called 'the giant's ironing board'
Doing it all again tonight when they play Shrewsbury - another sell out - but no Magpie Lane tonight to warm us up!

Offline Oxford Trunkles

• Master of Epic Folly
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 14 2011 08:55AM GMT-1 »
Birmingham Red Lion last night was definitely worth it (even if we didn't get home 'til almost 1am and now on train back to Brum at 7.15!)
The place was packed to the rafters with scarcely room to get through the crowd to bar. Magpie Lane did a fantastic set - think the crowd would have been happy to hear them play a lot longer. Jon acted as impromptu junior sound engineer at one point, much to merriment of crowd!
Jon & John were superb - loved the new tunes + it was lovely to hear the older ones which haven't heard live for some time. Sounds like the new tuneset might be called 'the giant's ironing board'
Doing it all again tonight when they play Shrewsbury - another sell out - but no Magpie Lane tonight to warm us up!

Cracking gig wasn't it, best of the tour so far I thought. Well worth the trip!

Offline Douglas

• ^ Lime Hawk-moth
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 14 2011 11:23PM GMT-1 »
Good gig tonight, doesn't compare to the Red Lion though. Especially loved Jon's Beating the Bounds solo and Days Gone By from yesterday. That Gooseberry bush is lovely also.
Very jealous of the new melodeon, superb sound. Shame to see the Oakwood go though.
Click here to make a clicking sound - doesn't work on touchscreen devices for some reason.

Offline Clare

« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 15 2011 08:01AM GMT-1 »
yes, it was a good gig but the audience were not as involved as the Red Lion crowd on Weds,  - think that concert was my fave S&B gig to date!