Author Topic: Who would you like to see supporting Bellowhead?  (Read 14661 times)

Offline Oxford Trunkles

• Master of Epic Folly
Re: Who would you like to see supporting Bellowhead?
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, November 16 2011 02:36PM GMT-1 »
They also seem to believe their own publicity and think they are God's gift to music (and to teenage girls.)

I think that is why I loath them so.

I'm not looking forward to seeing them another three times on this tour.

That's exactly why I've not booked for all the dates I could have done on this tour. I'm so glad it's not just me who is not looking forward to it.

Offline Clare

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, November 16 2011 07:23PM GMT-1 »
Yes - when we were discussing them earlier in the year I said I had seen them three times, and still couldn't remember any of their songs - they are very bland.

I've seen them 3 times in 4 days and I can't remember any of their songs (well can remember the titles of some, but not the tunes)

Offline Douglas

• ^ Lime Hawk-moth
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, November 16 2011 11:22PM GMT-1 »
Just to put my view; I generally echo the comments above. I don't think the music is too bad, nothing special, but it's far from awful. However as we've been saying that's not really the problem. I wouldn't go as far to say I loath them though.

As a support they are OK, seen worse, wouldn't listen to them elsewhere though.
Click here to make a clicking sound - doesn't work on touchscreen devices for some reason.

Offline maureen

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, November 17 2011 03:08AM GMT-1 »
Thank you, Maureen - you're usually the generous voice of reason, so the rest of us must be right then.  Sorry, Ahab.  With a capital A, you notice.

The "generous voice of reason" - I like that! Thank you Carolyn!

Along with Anna and with Thumper's mum, I usually think that if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all - but some people ask for it!
"nobody died wishing they'd done more housework"

Offline Clare

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, November 17 2011 08:14AM GMT-1 »
:D
Along with Anna and with Thumper's mum, I usually think that if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all - but some people ask for it!
:D

Offline crossstitchgill

« Reply #65 on: Thursday, November 17 2011 12:59PM GMT-1 »
I thought Ahab were "okay" if a bit samey. I couldn't exactly make out any of the words of the songs. At least Neil liked them so it wasn't a completely wasted evening for him.

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, November 17 2011 01:06PM GMT-1 »
I thought Ahab were "okay" if a bit samey. I couldn't exactly make out any of the words of the songs. At least Neil liked them so it wasn't a completely wasted evening for him.

What - you mean it would otherwise have been?

Offline Clare

« Reply #67 on: Sunday, November 20 2011 10:47AM GMT-1 »
Thought Ahab were better last night as their drummer wasn't there. Could hear the harmonies.

Ant

« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, November 29 2011 10:03PM GMT-1 »
I actually really enjoyed ahab...

Offline pemsey1

« Reply #69 on: Thursday, December 1 2011 12:17PM GMT-1 »
Me too - I don't mind a bit of Americana type stuff now and then - they were a bit "Eagles-y" harmony wise which I happen to like. Maybe the earlier shows weren't as good or they hadn't "read" the audience - seemed OK by Derby though. (Though the drumming could do with toning down in volume slightly as it did drown out some of the harmonies in places)

Still - it'd be a really boring world if we all liked the same thing........except Bellowhead!! ;)
P.