Author Topic: Support on November Tour  (Read 6411 times)

Offline Oxford Trunkles

• Master of Epic Folly
Re: Support on November Tour
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, September 3 2011 07:29PM GMT-1 »
Yes, but to be fair Bellowhead aren't really a proper traditional folk band. Which is why the support didn't really work last time, didn't fit with the crowd.

I guess you need something in between.

True, but Bellowhead's roots are in folk. They play traditional folk music, albeit in their own style, but they have it has their backbone. They do folk with a twist and that's the appeal, for me at least. AHAB are just jumped up wannabe popstars chasing the folk bandwagon. I know some people will be able to get on with them and good luck to you but I just don't. (I may have mentioned this before ::)).

There is in between and off the scale...

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, September 3 2011 09:17PM GMT-1 »
I saw Ahab at Cropredy last year, but can't remember a thing about them, so will go to the gig(s) with an open mind.  If I don't like them, it doesn't matter because I'll have Bellowhead to look forward to, and if I do, that's a bonus.
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Anna

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, September 3 2011 09:53PM GMT-1 »
That's the way I see it. I think I liked them, but everything seems better at festivals! We'll just have to wait and see  :) (And let's face it, many of us could put up with actual torture if we knew we'd be seeing Bellowhead later! :laugh:)
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, September 3 2011 09:55PM GMT-1 »
(And let's face it, many of us could put up with actual torture if we knew we'd be seeing Bellowhead later! :laugh:)

Yep!
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Clare

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 4 2011 10:02AM GMT-1 »
(And let's face it, many of us could put up with actual torture if we knew we'd be seeing Bellowhead later! :laugh:)

I think some of us have put up with torture - those drummers which went on for ever before Bellowhead at Shrewsbury Folk Festival a few years ago!

Offline Ancient Muse

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 14 2011 01:27AM GMT-1 »
Chris TT was torture for me. Ahab were so-so.
Horses for courses really.
I too will tolerate much in anticipation of Bellowhead.