Author Topic: Bellowhead Glastonbury video - is it still available anywhere  (Read 4803 times)

Offline dan_w

Bellowhead Glastonbury video - is it still available anywhere
« on: Sunday, September 18 2011 02:48PM GMT-1 »
Hello,

On the BBC's Artists page for Bellowhead http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/9b1e9c88-16e5-4a84-81ab-b7543149c8d2 there was a 30min set from Glastonbury.

The family loved this set and the kids (2 and 4) would dance around the living room for the whole half-hour.

Sadly the video is no longer on the BBC page - I'm assuming (bit don't really have a clue) that there are limits on how long the BBC's rights are granted for this sort of thing. Are these videos (legitimately) available anywhere else - paid for or otherwise?

Cheers,

Dan.

Offline louisec

Re: Bellowhead Glastonbury video - is it still available anywhere
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, September 18 2011 03:26PM GMT-1 »
i think they only keep them on the BBc website for a bit. I suspect there might be something on you tube. I think I have seen some of it there. there will be a new DVD soon apparently maybe you could get that

Offline dan_w

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, September 18 2011 07:07PM GMT-1 »
Thanks Louisec - I'll keep an eye out for the DVD - hopefully it will have the performance on there.

Cheers,

Dan.

Offline maureen

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, September 18 2011 08:49PM GMT-1 »
Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.

The DVD that's being released shortly won't have the Glastonbury performance as such but will probably include most of the songs. It was filmed last May at a theatre in Bournemouth, and some of us forumites were present.

There is an earlier DVD available that was filmed at Shepherds Bush Empire.
"nobody died wishing they'd done more housework"

Offline Douglas

• ^ Lime Hawk-moth
Click here to make a clicking sound - doesn't work on touchscreen devices for some reason.

Offline dan_w

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 21 2011 12:45PM GMT-1 »
Nothing like the Sloe Gin Set to brighten up a bit of a naff day at work. Had to hack around with a few settings to get it playing on the computer, but totally worth it! Thank you Douglas for providing the link.

Unfortunately I don't think the 5 minutes of dancing is going to be enough to tire out the kids - I need the a full performance set for that! :)

Plus my daughter won't let me get away without playing London Town (her favourite). Luckily she isn't following the song's theme, she knows that I work away from home in London and she thinks its great that it features in a song.

Maureen - thank you for the welcome. I'll keep an eye out for the DVD.

I'm also looking forward to seeing them live for my first time in London in November. Already got my ticket :).   They're also playing closer to home in Canterbury in February, so looking forward to taking my wife (babysitter availability permitting!)

Cheers,

Dan.

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 21 2011 01:12PM GMT-1 »

Plus my daughter won't let me get away without playing London Town (her favourite). Luckily she isn't following the song's theme, she knows that I work away from home in London and she thinks its great that it features in a song.

Cheers,

Dan.

Bellowhead are a great education!  Ethan's learnt ALL sorts  ::) and has come to absolutely no harm  ;D

Welcome, Dan.

Offline dan_w

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 15 2011 07:49AM GMT-1 »
I decided to buy the Shepherds Bush Empire DVD mentioned by Maureen. Dancing around the living room has now resumed! :)

Its got me looking forward to the London gig in November even more. Tickets are also purchased for Canterbury gig and babysitter arranged. Canterbury is a seated venue so I hope the atmosphere is still as lively as the stand-up shows. I got aisle seats so hopefully there will be a bit of room dancing around. I'm sure we'll still be reading an 11 on the awesome meter!

Cheers,

Dan.

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 15 2011 10:05AM GMT-1 »
I'm sure we'll still be reading an 11 on the awesome meter!

Every time!
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 17 2011 12:28PM GMT-1 »
I've just watched the DailyMotion link Douglas put on with the sound off, but I've been watching with a huge grin and the music going on in my head.  Oh roll on November!

Offline owenr.cwmaber

• Owen Ralph
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 17 2011 06:43PM GMT-1 »
Not directly related, but I notice highlights from Bellowhead's set at latitude is being repeated on Sky Arts tonight at 11:30