Author Topic: 2013 gigs  (Read 6517 times)

Offline crossstitchgill

Re: 2013 gigs
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 5 2013 12:52AM GMT-1 »
I agree - it was a lovely evening. We stayed for a few of the songs in the bar afterwards. It was great to have a sing and the bonus was not having to queue to get out of the car park!

Offline sarahfairy

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 5 2013 01:08PM GMT-1 »
Seconded.  I'm now going to have to go and dig out my CD's to listen to again

Offline netty

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 7 2013 07:22PM GMT-1 »
Lovely evening at Ludlow last night with some very good singing in the bar after ! What a treat.  :)

Offline Clare

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 7 2013 08:35PM GMT-1 »
Yes, Ludlow was excellent

Welcome Nettie!

Offline Scots Guy in Wales

• Rolling down the bay
    • My Last.fm  page
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 8 2013 05:39PM GMT-1 »
Pontardawe tonight, gonna be good,

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 10 2013 12:59PM GMT-1 »
Trelawnyd last night was excellent - but oddly not a sell out.  Rather reticent singaround afterwards.  Lots of people stayed, but just to listen, so only a few songs.  Karen and I both managed to fluff the words in the first verse of ours!  Lovely to hear Sam sing - on quizzing him about his song afterwards, it transpires I have the same recording of it he has so I shall be learning it too!
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Douglas

• ^ Lime Hawk-moth
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 10 2013 01:26PM GMT-1 »
Among all the solo stuff which is fab, I really liked the new traditional tracks Jon et al played last night - Hard Times of Old England, Prentice Boy, Epsom Races, Brown's Daughter  - just a few that stuck in my head. I really hope they get round to recording them all.
Click here to make a clicking sound - doesn't work on touchscreen devices for some reason.

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 10 2013 01:27PM GMT-1 »
Reynardine was quite stunning too!
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Gower Flower

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 10 2013 06:22PM GMT-1 »
Pontardawe was wonderful, in the company of Bridget and Andy & Phil.  Stunning performances all around. Can't sing at the mo cos of on-going cough. This will probably be a worry at Soundpost too - but a relief for everyone else. LOL!  ::)
All along and down a lea!

Upcoming gigs:

Cropredy, August 7 - 9
Simpson Cutting & Kerr, 23.09. Cardiff
10cc, 8th October, Swansea Grand Theatre
Show of Hands, Cardiff, November 20th
Bellowhead, Cardiff, 26 November

Offline Ancient Muse

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 24 2013 02:30AM GMT-1 »
I almost like what JB does with the Remnant Kings better than Bellowhead. It's adventurous, experimental, and lovely to see the way the stage is dressed and lit, with the wax cylinder phonographs given pride of place and the musicians clearly enjoying playing a muliplicity of instruments (especially Sam, who must be the hardest-working folkie on the planet).
I loved the one they did with three or four of them playing squeezeboxes (The Hounds of Love), it was probably my favourite of the ones not on Songs From the Floodplain, but there was so much to delight and I wished there was an album of the music that I could buy - I really think it's time they put something down for us to hold on to.

Hope your throat's all better Shirl and you had a good time at Soundpost. What a pair we were that night with our heads, throats, coughs, sniffles etc! I really wasn't up to staying behind for the singing after, all I wanted was to curl up in my nice warm bed!