Author Topic: Album Launch and tour date announced  (Read 13822 times)

Offline brianleach

Album Launch and tour date announced
« on: Thursday, March 13 2008 03:52PM GMT-1 »
John

Thanks for the information. Look forward to seeing you and Jon at Forest Folk club in Wickham on 19th May.

Never been there before but really enjoyed Totton and Portsmouth last year.

When will you be able to release track details?

All the best.

Brian Leach

Offline Fi

• Melodeon, spinning wheel and knitting needles
Re: Album Launch and tour date announced
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 13 2008 04:03PM GMT-1 »

So...we need to find a babysitter already and the boy's not even here yet!  ::)
We can't go over it, we can't go under it....

Offline Lizwardo

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 13 2008 04:08PM GMT-1 »
Woo an Exeter gig.  Yay!!  ;D

Letch

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 13 2008 05:12PM GMT-1 »
I think I've overdone it. Since this is my valedictory year in the UK I've got two S&B and 2 BH gigs booked (S&B & the Little Civic in Wolverhampton, Bellowhead at Wulfrun, S&B at the Chester FF and Bellowhead at the Shrewsbury FF). The two S&B gigs are in the same week! Maybe I should buy shares. But at least the S&B gigs are from the May rosta, so I'll be able to pick-up the album and get it signed :)

When's the Bellowhead DVD coming out?

Offline Stephenw

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 13 2008 07:31PM GMT-1 »
Not much in the North-West for us Mancunians  :(

It's tempting to go to the launch gig at the Union Chapel and combine it with seeing Faustus the previous evening. Lets see if I can find any pennies in my turn-ups!
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it." But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.

Offline firebird

• BrightYoungFolk
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 13 2008 08:47PM GMT-1 »
Letch - is that all?  :P You should see how many times Betty and I are seeing them this summer...we might as well just hold our hands up and say May is just pretty much totally devoted to fitting in as many Spiers and Boden gigs as we can reasonably get to! (a few too many of them are within reasonable driving distance  ::) ;D)

In fact, let me see - there's Bournemouth on the Sunday, Faustus album launch on the Tuesday, S&B Wednesday, S&B Oxford Thursday, Shepley (S&B and Bellowhead) Fri - Mon, and we were considering Wickham Mon pm, but I think we'll just stick with Oxford instead since it's closer :D I think that takes the crown as the maddest, most obsessive week ever - it'll be great! ;D (though I suspect a wee bit of snoozing at work in between!)

Squeezy - I think you mean the 15th for the Oxford gig, you've put it as the 25th :)

Brian - Betty and I will both be around for both Faustus and S&B that week - see ya there!
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 13 2008 08:54PM GMT-1 by firebird82 »
Morris teams: HuMP and Taeppa's Tump

Offline cazzer

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 13 2008 09:07PM GMT-1 »
And as for us

we've already seen Bellowhead four times this year.     Doncaster this Saturday, then Stroud, Exeter, and Oxford Folk Festival.     Then Jon and John at Bristol.    Then back to Bellowhead for Bath Festival, Big Session.     Then back to S & B at Wychwood Festival.      Then back to Bellowhead at Cornbury, Larmer Tree, Wickham, Towersey and Ilfracombe.

We could also see Bellowhead at Warwick but at the moment are planning on going to Trowbridge as it is so close and they've got the Peatbog Faeries [and I won't have seen them at all this year].

Plus I think there could be assorted Faustus/Belshazzhar's Feasts dates as well.

Our entire holidays for this year are being taken up with festivals, and we were going to most of them anyway before any Bellowhead/S & B dates were announced just in case anyon thinks we are really obsessed   ;D
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 13 2008 11:26PM GMT-1 by cazzer »

Offline Anna

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 13 2008 09:47PM GMT-1 »
Woo-hoo! I expect that's us off to the Bully then!
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

Offline Squeezy

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • melodeon & concertina
    • Spiers & Boden main site
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 13 2008 11:09PM GMT-1 »
Hi there,

Yes - I know, really sorry about the NW.  I tried really hard to get a gig at either the Academy or Night & Day Cafe but it just wasn' going to work out this time.  We're talking to a good few for our dates in September already so there should be something between 14th and 28th Sep.

Sorry about the wait.

Squeezy

sarah

« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 14 2008 12:56AM GMT-1 »
Thats great news!

Glad to see you've included at least two places we can make it to! Last i looked there wasn't any and i was going to get rather upset! :'(

Can't wait for the album tho, the new stuff that i have heard on the last tour is brilliant, i'm waiting with baited breath to hear the rest!

x Sarah

Offline Stephenw

« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 14 2008 08:37PM GMT-1 »
Hi there,

Yes - I know, really sorry about the NW.  I tried really hard to get a gig at either the Academy or Night & Day Cafe but it just wasn' going to work out this time.  We're talking to a good few for our dates in September already so there should be something between 14th and 28th Sep.

Sorry about the wait.

Squeezy

Hello Squeezy,

Thanks for trying anyway. It's good that the NW is getting it's share of folky stuff as it was always left out in the past. Thank goodness for the Bury Met (although you must be sick of that town by now). I'll see if I can do London.

When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it." But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.

Offline Joe

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 20 2008 11:10AM GMT-1 »
Just booked my tickets for Pocklington, the first of the album launch tour and only 20 mins from where I have just moved to in Beverley! It should be a great start to the summer season, what with Whitsun at the end of May, and I think our team is dancing at Towersey too!

Offline Stephenw

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, March 26 2008 12:54AM GMT-1 »
I've just been reading the Charlie Gillett 'Sound of the World' forum. There's an interesting thread here http://www.charliegillett.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6848&start=45 on English folk music. If you scroll down the page you'll read that Ian Anderson, editor of FROOTS magazine has some very complimentary things to say about 'Vagabond'.

I want to hear this album now!

Offline AnnieD

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, March 26 2008 12:25PM GMT-1 »
They played us some stuff off it at Fareham this weekend - it will be great!   :D

But sadly we won't be able to get to any of the May gigs.  :(

Offline AnnieD

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 1 2008 10:04AM GMT-1 »
Thinking about trying to get to the Union Chapel.

Is anyone else going to that one? Has anyone used WeGotTickets before? It seems to be the only way you can get tickets for that gig. ?