Author Topic: Post-gig sessions  (Read 5166 times)

Offline longcol

Re: Post-gig sessions
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 13 2013 08:03PM GMT-1 »
According to Jon on Twitter, they'll be at the Far From the Madding Crowd in Oxford tonight, and The Bath Hotel in Sheffield tomorrow.  :)

Not been in The Bath Hotel for a few years but from memory it is fairly small so could be a real squeeze if a couple of dozen turn up. Also just checked their website and they call time at 11pm.

Still it's on the way home and near the bus so I might pop in.

Offline Clare

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 14 2013 10:16AM GMT-1 »
Well the session last night was a small select few - Jon, Douglas, and a fiddler called Steve and someone on spoons. One song led by a good singer at the end before we all got thrown out at 11.15 as bar staff wanted to go home..

Offline firebird

• BrightYoungFolk
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 14 2013 01:48PM GMT-1 »
According to Jon on Twitter, they'll be at the Far From the Madding Crowd in Oxford tonight, and The Bath Hotel in Sheffield tomorrow.  :)

Not been in The Bath Hotel for a few years but from memory it is fairly small so could be a real squeeze if a couple of dozen turn up. Also just checked their website and they call time at 11pm.

Gosh, do they still do dodgy cocktails in there? (it's on West Street, yes, or has my Sheffield knowledge gone a bit dolally?). I've had some messy nights in there in my time  ::) ;D
Morris teams: HuMP and Taeppa's Tump

Offline Ollie

• I Morris, therefore I am
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 14 2013 02:04PM GMT-1 »

Gosh, do they still do dodgy cocktails in there? (it's on West Street, yes, or has my Sheffield knowledge gone a bit dolally?). I've had some messy nights in there in my time  ::) ;D

Yup, just off West Street (and 30 seconds from my house next year  ;D). It's now a Thornbridge pub with a good selection of real ales, and a really cosy, friendly atmosphere. Might get a tad cramped this evening, when half the city descends...
"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."