Author Topic: What's in store?  (Read 1768 times)

Outlandish Nightie

What's in store?
« on: Saturday, January 4 2014 02:12PM GMT-1 »
How are they going to top the New Year 'do' for the 10th anniversary gigs?  Any thoughts on what we can expect in April?

And what lies ahead for the rest of the year?  Any sniff of a new album?  Include some self-penned songs next time round? 

Time for a live album?  Or are the studio albums just so full of life  that there is no real need for a live Bellowhead album?

Lots of questions......thrown open for discussion.

Offline Douglas

• ^ Lime Hawk-moth
Re: What's in store?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 4 2014 02:54PM GMT-1 »
It's about that time in the album cycle that they start getting stuff ready for a new album, though I haven't heard anything. I'd be surprised if they didn't do one this year though, after the success of the last one, would seem silly to let the momentum slip away.

I'd of thought they'd have wanted something out in time for 10th anniversary gigs (like S&B did a best of album). There is the songbook of course which should be out by then.

Live album would be nice but personally I wouldn't prefer a live one instead of a studio one.
Click here to make a clicking sound - doesn't work on touchscreen devices for some reason.

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 4 2014 03:25PM GMT-1 »
I'm hoping for some special guests, including former members. 
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Vivienne

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 4 2014 04:11PM GMT-1 »
I would doubt there'd be time for a new album by April - they haven't been gigging any new material have they?  Maybe a "best of".  Well we can always hope!

Offline Douglas

• ^ Lime Hawk-moth
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 4 2014 04:22PM GMT-1 »
Yes, if they were planning a studio album it would be probably be the usual spring recording and October release.

If they've been recording gigs, a live album would be possible in time for the 10th.
Click here to make a clicking sound - doesn't work on touchscreen devices for some reason.

Outlandish Nightie

« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 6 2014 11:31PM GMT-1 »
Wasn't one of the reasons given for S and B finishing that they wanted to concentrate more on Bellowhead?  That sounds to me like it will be an album year.  Where they'll go with the next one is intriguing.  They're building a head of steam commercially (getting on Radio 2 playlists regularly for example) so they could take the easy option and pursue a more crowd-pleasing line.  But I'm sure there is also the artistic need to keep growing and changing.  I wonder if they will continue reworking old songs or might consider writing some new material.