Author Topic: Leveret  (Read 3449 times)

Offline AnnieD

Leveret
« on: Tuesday, October 28 2014 10:54AM GMT-1 »
Sam's new band, are doing a short tour in December. I heard them in Cambridge and they are wonderful.
If you haven't heard them:
https://soundcloud.com/sam-sweeney/sets/leveret-new-anything-sampler

This particular gig doesn't seem to be known about. It's taking place 'in the round' in  a Round church in Northampton and promises to be a very special show.
http://www.wegottickets.com/event/285446

If it doesn't sell enough tickets it may have to be cancelled, which would be a great shame.  Please tell all your friends who may live close enough to go.

thanks x

Offline Carolyn

Re: Leveret
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 28 2014 01:10PM GMT-1 »
Anna and I are going to the Northampton church one.  She's getting me the Abingdon ticket for my Christmas present and I'm getting her the Northampton one.  Plus our own of course.  We like Leveret a lot and are glad they're getting about more.  The church looks lovely, so yes, please come everyone.

Offline firebird

• BrightYoungFolk
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 28 2014 01:19PM GMT-1 »
Aha, thanks for the Abingdon mention, Carolyn! Just seeing if I can persuade Chris to join me, so I don't have to trek all the way up there on my own for once :)
Morris teams: HuMP and Taeppa's Tump

Offline Clare

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 11 2014 06:46PM GMT-1 »
and they are doing a longer tour in February. I have fliers in my car which I was meant to give out at the end of the Sheffield Bellowhead gig - but got moved on due to the fire alarm. Will take fliers to Leamington

Offline pemsey1

« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 24 2014 08:11PM GMT-1 »
Sadly I don't think we can make it to the Northampton gig even though it's almost on our doorstep! Oboe lesson night in Letchworth for Emily so getting back not easy. On the plus side the music service is advertising it now so might get some more takers. I 'll see if I can spread the word a bit!

Offline AnnieD

« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 24 2014 08:41PM GMT-1 »
Thanks. It's still on the list so that's good news as it hasn't been pulled.

Offline Clare

« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 28 2014 05:39PM GMT-1 »
Sam gave me a copy of the CD last week - and it is glorious! Best played loud :) (I think it was a reward for the flyering)

I have listened to it non-stop and I can't wait to see them live - which will be in Shrewsbury in December

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 1 2014 09:58AM GMT-1 »
We're going to the Northampton one and Abingdon.  I meant to ask Vivienne last night at Moulettes if she was going to Northampton?  Are you, Vivienne?

Offline Vivienne

« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 1 2014 11:18AM GMT-1 »
No, not Northampton, we're just coming back from Butlins that day!  See you at Abingdon!

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 1 2014 12:14PM GMT-1 »
Oh that's a shame.  Never mind - see you there!

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 9 2014 03:51PM GMT-1 »
Thank you for telling us about this one, Annie.  The church was beautiful, parking was easy, and as for the music, it was lovely.  Andy and Rob are such nice chaps (and so's Sam but we already knew that), and perhaps being in the round helped, but it was an extremely relaxed evening with terrific music.  Sitting behind first Sam then Rob, after the interval, I'd never appreciated till then how physical playing music is!

Offline Stephenw

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 9 2014 10:35PM GMT-1 »
A group of us were going to see Leveret at New Mills on Friday but the concert is sold out. I've emailed the chap who I think is the promoter but he's not bothered to reply even after a reminder. We needed to be a lot quicker!
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it." But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.

Offline AnnieD

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 10 2014 12:51AM GMT-1 »
Thank you for telling us about this one, Annie.  The church was beautiful, parking was easy, and as for the music, it was lovely.  Andy and Rob are such nice chaps (and so's Sam but we already knew that), and perhaps being in the round helped, but it was an extremely relaxed evening with terrific music.  Sitting behind first Sam then Rob, after the interval, I'd never appreciated till then how physical playing music is!

Very happy you enjoyed it. We couldn't get there due to just having arrived home from a weekend away.
We went to tonight's show at Cecil Sharp House. They performed in the round there too, and totally acoustic. Magic.

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 10 2014 09:47AM GMT-1 »
We're hoping Abingdon will be acoustic too.  There's no reason why it shouldn't be as it's so small.  They won't be doing it in the round though, I shouldn't think!

Offline Vivienne

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 10 2014 11:28AM GMT-1 »
 ;) - That would be interesting!