Author Topic: Some sad news  (Read 21967 times)

Offline Barbara

Re: Some sad news
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 12:22AM GMT-1 »
 There's not much else to say really, you all seem to have already said everything that is in my mind, I'm just so glad to have been there whist it was happening, & I feel lucky to have met such a fantastic bunch of people!
Oh goodness I think my bank account is going to be a lovely shade of Red for quite some time!!
'Tis a rather nice addiction

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 03:41AM GMT-1 »
Am very sad and quite squiffy. (Pinot grigio how I love these!) Thank you for the music Bellowhead - you have made me very happy. I intend to see you as much as possible in the next year. X
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Clare

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 07:07AM GMT-1 »
Thank you so much for everything, all of you.
I was out last night, on way to Rayna Gellert gig when I read the news. (Would never have discovered all this lovely music without Bellowhead)

We've all had a fantastic  time with more to come. Made some lovely friends, travelled (!!). Feel quite bereft.

But it's going to be one helluva farewell!

Offline Jane

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 11:50AM GMT-1 »
Thanks for explaining this so well. I am very sad, but you all have your own lives. I would agree that Bellowhead certainly couldn't carry on without Jon. Best wishes for the future, and I hope we'll have many opportunities to see you again. The St Barnabas gig was fantastic.

Offline Alycat

• Discworld Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 12:05PM GMT-1 »
Whilst the band wouldn't be the same without Jon, every member of the band is incredibly talented and I look forward to enjoying all of their future projects
='-'=

Offline Anna

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 06:17PM GMT-1 »
Had a bit of a worry earlier - Squeezy, will the forum stay live? Even if we all have to chip in to cover the cost of the webhost, it would be good to keep it going. Several of us travel further for Bellowhead gigs than we would for anything else, and it has occurred to me that some of us might not see eachother once the tours are over  :( I know there are other ways of staying in touch, but still...
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

Offline Milady

• Has a Concertina, Melodeon and Fiddle
    • ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 07:22PM GMT-1 »
I was wondering about the forum too.
"Lovely band...they play music and everything..."
My Blog http://thelearningtoclogblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 07:24PM GMT-1 »
I'm wondering about another New Year party too.

Offline longcol

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 08:31PM GMT-1 »
I big thankyou from longcol and family for some great albums and even better gigs. You've given us a lot of pleasure, sore hands and hoarse throats!

So are we going to get a farewell live album...and do we get to suggest our favourite songs for the tour pretty please?

Offline Squeezy

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • melodeon & concertina
    • Spiers & Boden main site
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 08:49PM GMT-1 »
Hi there,

Don't worry about the forum - it's part and parcel of the Spiers & Boden website and we have no intention to shut that down.  It's not about to get a new facelift or anything like that - but will remain with the functionality it currently has (including the appalling amount of spam registrations - up to a thousand a day - which makes it nigh on impossible for new genuine members to register without me checking out every single one every day)

As for New Years Eve - we did have an enquiry about doing one - but I am unsure whether that will be firmed up now given the situation we're in.

Cheers

Squeezy

Offline Clare

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 09:21PM GMT-1 »
Thanks Squeezy. Do appreciate it. Love the forum and all the forumites

Offline Anna

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 09:31PM GMT-1 »
Thank you, Squeezy. It's a relief that we won't lose the forum  :)
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

Offline maureen

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 09:43PM GMT-1 »
That's good to know - thanks Squeezy!

I'd have thought venues would be falling over themselves to host  a "last chance to spend NYE with Bellowhead" - sure to sell out Id think!
"nobody died wishing they'd done more housework"

Offline Barbara

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 10:01PM GMT-1 »
Hooray,that is such good news regarding the forum,... I may become a 'Hero' (member) after all!
'Tis a rather nice addiction

Offline AnnieD

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, June 4 2015 10:31PM GMT-1 »
Hi there,

Don't worry about the forum - it's part and parcel of the Spiers & Boden website and we have no intention to shut that down.  It's not about to get a new facelift or anything like that - but will remain with the functionality it currently has (including the appalling amount of spam registrations - up to a thousand a day - which makes it nigh on impossible for new genuine members to register without me checking out every single one every day)

Cheers

Squeezy

That's a horrendous amount of work, Could any of us help out with that?