Author Topic: New Year's Eve - Sage Gateshead  (Read 6981 times)

Offline Carolyn

Re: New Year's Eve - Sage Gateshead
« Reply #90 on: Friday, January 1 2016 07:38PM GMT-1 »
That bus was a real good idea.  I didn't know Gateshead was so big.

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #91 on: Friday, January 1 2016 09:15PM GMT-1 »
Glad to hear it all went well.
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline maureen

« Reply #92 on: Friday, January 1 2016 11:15PM GMT-1 »
Yes, thank you Bellowhead - and thank you Maureen for all your arrangements :aemo_spibod_wave:

You're all very welcome - was no trouble.

And yes, big thanks to Bellowhead for another fantastic NYE. Highlight was Sam singing "You're the Voice" in the covers set. I know he chickened out of doing a song at the SBC shows, but he has got a wonderful voice and stage presence. Well done, Sam!
"nobody died wishing they'd done more housework"

Offline Clare

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, January 2 2016 10:47AM GMT-1 »
It was a brilliant night - thanks all and esp Maureen

I agree about the highlight - and to think there was  time when Sam thought he could not sing!

I must admit to never having heard that song before... not very strong on 1980s pop music..or any pop music for that matter

Offline Barbara

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, January 2 2016 10:57AM GMT-1 »
That was one of my favourite songs of the 80's, sung by John Farnham, Sam did well, it has some very high notes!! Thanks Maureen for the Video, and of Petes "Ring of Fire" too xx

They don't need to split up..... Sam could be the new Boden,.... Maybe not, ..... just a wishful thought!
'Tis a rather nice addiction

Offline Nels58

« Reply #95 on: Saturday, January 2 2016 11:42PM GMT-1 »
It was great to meet everyone and we had a wonderful time, thanks from us for organising the bus also.

Offline Clare

« Reply #96 on: Sunday, January 3 2016 08:53PM GMT-1 »
They don't need to split up..... Sam could be the new Boden,.... Maybe not, ..... just a wishful thought!
The thought crossed my mind too.....

Offline firebird

• BrightYoungFolk
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, January 3 2016 11:34PM GMT-1 »
Phew, finally back home from Newcastle earlier on today - what a rush it's been, can't believe we're back to work tomorrow, need another holiday now!

New year's was excellent - think the in-laws enjoyed it...  :) Glad we managed a bit of ceilidhing, even though my shoes didn't seem to like it much! Sorry to not catch most of you for any amount of time (or Lorna, at all!). We were a bit confused about what was going on most of the time - a slightly strange set up, but glad to be there nonetheless. I was horrified when everyone around me sat down at the start of Jiggery Pokerwork... heathens  :o And in some ways it was nice to be seated for the covers set, as I could hear properly (or maybe I was just a bit p*ssed last time and can't remember it?!). Well done Sam in particular!  :)
Morris teams: HuMP and Taeppa's Tump

Offline Anna

« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, January 6 2016 03:08PM GMT-1 »
A bit late here, but, yes, it was a fantastic night - thanks all, and Sam singing You're The Voice was one of the best things I've ever witnessed! Thanks to Maureen for the bus, Lorna for coercing Peter into swapping tickets with me so I could jump up and down, and to Mab for being an excellent ceilidh partner! (I want to gallop into innocent bystanders more often  ;D)
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get