Author Topic: BBC R4 Live Recording - Apply for tickets  (Read 3525 times)

Offline Two Fivers

Re: BBC R4 Live Recording - Apply for tickets
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 7 2016 04:21PM GMT-1 »
Hi all - I asked for clarification from BBC re ticketing policy and this was their reply.
Hope this helps
mx

There is a standard message on all free tickets for BBC events, which is something along the lines of:

Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that as not everyone who asks for tickets uses them, to make sure we have a full house we send out more tickets than there are places. We do our best to get the numbers right, but unfortunately we occasionally have to disappoint people so please arrive early.

This applies to all free BBC events (music, comedy and so on). Our colleagues in Audience Services (the people who manage the ticket allocation and the queue on the day) do their best to make sure people get in - but their experience shows that if you issue 100 free tickets, there’s no guarantee that 100 people will turn up, and there’s nothing more disappointing for performers and our producers than the sight of a half-full venue. People often ask for a pair of free tickets and then only use one, or don’t turn up because of bad weather or a change of plans.

We also have to bear in mind that this is not an event in a theatre, but in a recording studio, and the precise number of seats will depend on how the stage is rigged. The rule is very much ‘first come, first served’, so fans are advised to get there in good time, and the Audience Services team will always do their very best to make sure we set up the studio for the biggest possible audience – unused guest-list seats are always filled, we hate having to turn people away and we try to avoid it if at all possible.

Offline maureen

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 7 2016 05:07PM GMT-1 »
Thanks Mark!
"nobody died wishing they'd done more housework"

Offline Barbara

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 7 2016 05:52PM GMT-1 »
Thanks for that Mark, I'll try & be early then x
'Tis a rather nice addiction

Offline Clare

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 7 2016 08:26PM GMT-1 »
So looking forward to it! I'll be there early anyway...

Offline Anna

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 7 2016 09:03PM GMT-1 »
It does seem a bit mouldy that having been allocated tickets doesn't guarantee entry, but the explanation is fair enough, I think.

I just wish they hadn't added a bit to my question - it turns it into it two, unrelated questions  :-\

It will be a really interesting thing to experience - I'm really looking forward to it. Maureen and Barbara, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get