Author Topic: Some sad news  (Read 21951 times)

Offline mab

Re: Some sad news
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, May 3 2016 05:47PM GMT-1 »
Thanks for all the brilliant tunes (Especially 'If You Will Not Have Me'. Still my favourite!) and all the daftness. It's been an absolute joy, every single gig. Whilst the big band will be missed, look forward to whatever you all get up to in the future.
Thank you as to Mark who's been so lovely to everyone on the forum.
The Campaign for Wheelchair Access (One of the Daleks' subltler invasion plans...)

Offline Clare

« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, May 3 2016 06:50PM GMT-1 »
Thanks Squeezy - really lovely message - and thank you all for the wonderful music

and thanks to everyone - what a journey we've been on (quite literally - dread to think what my mileage has been!)

So grateful to Mark for sorting out the tickets for the final gig - I'm so glad so many of us could be there to mark the occasion

Look forward to whatever comes next, and hope to see you all again

btw Squeezy,  I expect we'll all return to the forum now and then - we had a secret facebook group to sort out the card and book! Seems to have worked. (and if you need any help with admin on the forum, just say the word!)

Offline Anna

« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, May 3 2016 07:12PM GMT-1 »
Carting the cards around to gigs (they've seen quite a few bands!) was interesting - I don't know how we didn't get rumbled! Paul was inches away from them while Dawn and David were signing them - we must have come across as really odd, clustering round them to keep them out of sight  ;D
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, May 3 2016 07:17PM GMT-1 »
You can stop being a nervous wreck now!

Offline Anna

« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, May 3 2016 07:17PM GMT-1 »
 :D

Offline DawnG

« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, May 3 2016 07:29PM GMT-1 »
That was really scary especially when Paul came to talk to us!

Offline Anna

« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, May 3 2016 07:33PM GMT-1 »
We must have looked so rude! Sorry, Paul, if you happen to read any of this!

Anyway, I'm off to folk dance soon - something else I might never have done if it weren't for Bellowhead  :)

Offline Sarah

• Avid Fan
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, May 3 2016 10:33PM GMT-1 »
Finally i'm back! And just in time to for the goodbyes. Well its been one hell of an adventure hasn't it?
Mark is an absolute hero for getting us those tickets, i would have been 'utterly' devastated not to have been there.
And as for my letter in the book, i know it reads fairly poorly grammatically but i just wrote what i was feeling at the time and didn't change it because i wanted it to be as real as i was feeling while i wrote it. So if i came across as shambolic and clumsy then that's just how it was.   :P
Thanks for 'everything' and even though 'this' chapter is over i'm looking forward to whatever happens next. 
Love to you all, band and fans alike.  :-*
Up to the rigs.

Offline LegalLorna

« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, May 4 2016 02:15PM GMT-1 »
Just in case anyone on here wasn't on the secret squirrel farewell book FB group when Becky and I have finished getting new last gig submissions we will upload a link to the online only version of the book and I'll make sure the link is copied onto here too.  Thanks again to everyone who helped a) keep it secret and b) participated.  I'm really proud to call such a lovely bunch of you all friends.  And I am very bizarrely (because I'm a hard nosed cow as you all know:-)) emotional still xxx

Offline siansparkles

« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, May 4 2016 02:20PM GMT-1 »
Another huge thankyou to Squeezy, for not only the band but for this forum - without which I wouldn't have so many friends, or spend evenings singing Bulgarian songs (meeting Mandy on here led to me going singing with the tremendous Abbie Lathe). And magically of Mark to arrange tickets for the final gig, which was a total blast. I associate Oxford with so many of you, with late night ice-creams and with the wonderful Bellowhead. It really was the most amazing band, and their followers the most friendly bunch of people around.

Offline Barbara

« Reply #295 on: Thursday, May 26 2016 11:28AM GMT-1 »
Had a final email this morning from the Bellowhead mailing list, it made me feel a bit sad, but I'm glad that they have kept all our names on a list and Will be transfering them all to the individual band members mailing lists, to keep us up to date with their future projects. Best wishes & good luck to everyone in the future xx
'Tis a rather nice addiction

Offline Barbara

« Reply #296 on: Friday, June 3 2016 12:15PM GMT-1 »
It's been a whole year to the date since we had that devastating news, im still in denial!
'Tis a rather nice addiction