Author Topic: The Shameless Plug Thread  (Read 58757 times)

Offline Carolyn

Re: The Shameless Plug Thread
« Reply #420 on: Monday, September 15 2014 01:38PM GMT-1 »
I heard them in the car too.  My boss was at Hyde Park and enjoyed Bellowhead best, followed by Billy Ocean then Blondie.  She said that she'd have liked to have stayed for ELO but they were worried about not getting on the bus.  What's the matter with her?  Hang around for long enough chatting afterwards and the rest of the 50,000 people will have gone!

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, October 21 2014 07:41AM GMT-1 »
The Bailey Sisters will be at Readifolk on Sunday evening - a really friendly club!  It would be lovely to see some familiar faces in the audience!

http://www.readifolk.org.uk/programme.html

14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Shelley

« Reply #422 on: Monday, November 10 2014 09:26PM GMT-1 »
The Bailey Sisters second studio album, "Songs from the Distaff Side" will be launch at St Paul's Church, Withington Manchester on Saturday 6th December. We will be performing material from the album, old favourites and even some seasonal songs.

Singaround 2:30-5
Pub!
Concert 7;30
Raffle!
Cake!
Mulled wine!
Mince pies!

Tickets here: https://www.wegottickets.com/event/297006
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Shelley

« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, November 11 2014 06:04PM GMT-1 »
Just finalising the artwork (well, Aly is actually) - it's as beautiful as "After Silence, Music"!

Offline Shelley

« Reply #424 on: Wednesday, December 3 2014 09:14PM GMT-1 »
I have two copies in my possesion now - the rest will arrive in Manchester on Saturday for the launch gig.  I may have hyperventilated when I opened the package!

Just in case you're at a loose end on Saturday, and fancy a trip to South Manchester....
http://baileysisters.co.uk/gigs.html

Offline Shelley

« Reply #425 on: Monday, May 30 2016 09:49AM GMT-1 »
Here's something a bit different - the Bailey Sisters will be leading a guided walk through the centre of Manchester on Sunday afternoon, tracing the history of the cotton trade.  It's part of the Manchester Histories Festival.  More details here:

http://www.manchesterhistoriesfestival.org.uk/whatson/cottonopolis-songs-stories

Offline maureen

« Reply #426 on: Monday, May 30 2016 11:16AM GMT-1 »
That sounds really interesting, Shelley - wish I was closer to Manchester!
"nobody died wishing they'd done more housework"

Offline Shelley

« Reply #427 on: Monday, October 23 2017 07:17PM GMT-1 »
Shameless plug time again. The Bailey Sisters will be launching their album, "Down in Yon Forest" on Saturday 9th December, 2-4 pm in the Barbirolli Suite at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester. We will be donating a percentage of sales of the CD to Prevent Breast Cancer. Tickets will be available soon from the Bridgewater Hall website.