Author Topic: Requests  (Read 7881 times)

Offline Betty slippers

• Dance, dance, dance, weird, weird, weird, dance
Requests
« on: Friday, May 16 2008 12:59AM GMT-1 »
This is a bit late for this tour, but I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where we could post requests for songs for upcoming S&B gigs, in the hope that Squeezy or Jon might read and oblige. It has been known in the past...

So, to kick things off, we are going to Shepley this weekend and firebird and I would really really love to hear Run For Your Life. Please!  :)
If it hadn'a been for Flash Company...

Offline owl at home

Re: Requests
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 16 2008 01:21PM GMT-1 »
As I've said before, they should do 'Courting Too Slow'.

Meadowbabe

« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 16 2008 08:39PM GMT-1 »
Oh, great idea.  Boston Harbour at Wolverhampton please!!

Letch

« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 16 2008 11:22PM GMT-1 »
Not a request as such (though I've never heard Earl Richard live *hint* :laugh:) but as it's my wife's birthday on Wednesday, I wonder if J&J would be so kind as to dedicate one of the more romantic pieces to Kirsty with love from Colin at the Wolves gig. Since I'm dragging her out to see the lads at the weekend in Chester as well, it might keep me in the good books  ;D

Meadowbabe

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 17 2008 12:16AM GMT-1 »
We could put together a Wolves set list for them :laugh:

Letch

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 17 2008 05:20PM GMT-1 »
I was just trying to think of a Spibod song that featured wolves, but I got nothing. I get the feeling it's not a trivial exercise to just tack on a song they haven't done regularly for years. At gigs, people yell out songs as if bands could just knock them off without rehearsing, but I doubt that's really feasible in reality. I'm just guessing though :)

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 17 2008 06:14PM GMT-1 »
At gigs, people yell out songs as if bands could just knock them off without rehearsing, but I doubt that's really feasible in reality. I'm just guessing though :)

I've seen Beth Nielsen Chapman do it!

Very fond of Bold Sir Rylas but will only be jealous if they perform it, as I can't get to any of the gigs on the current tour.

14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Meadowbabe

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 18 2008 09:27PM GMT-1 »

Very fond of Bold Sir Rylas but will only be jealous if they perform it, as I can't get to any of the gigs on the current tour.

Oh, they did that when I saw them last time at Oswestry.  I thought that they would have done Oswestry Wake, given the location - but no.

I'm taking an uninitiated friend to S&B at Wolves.  He is a Jazz man really, but I took him to Bellowhead and was he was blown away.

Offline firebird

• BrightYoungFolk
« Reply #8 on: Monday, May 19 2008 06:49PM GMT-1 »
Both Bold Sir Rylas and Oswestry Wake have been on the setlist this tour...
Morris teams: HuMP and Taeppa's Tump

sarah

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 18 2008 09:54PM GMT-1 »
Hit Me Baby one More Time. It makes me laugh so much. I always wait for it. Have been treated ONCE. Just have to be patient, thats all............................. ;)

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 19 2008 08:14AM GMT-1 »
I saw Hit Me Baby One More Time too.  I think it was at Quay Arts in Newport, IOW.  It was really funny, and I too always hope they'll do it again.

Offline Betty slippers

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 25 2008 12:27PM GMT-1 »
I've never seen it - and really really want to! Perhaps the September tour?

Offline Oxford Trunkles

• Master of Epic Folly
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 25 2008 03:20PM GMT-1 »
I saw Hit Me Baby One More Time too.  I think it was at Quay Arts in Newport, IOW.  It was really funny, and I too always hope they'll do it again.

I think they did that at WOMAD a few years ago. It is very good if a little unexpected!
Trunkles

Offline Betty slippers

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 2 2008 11:24PM GMT-1 »
Firebird and I are off to Bromyard in a couple weeks and also Nettlebed on the 22nd (Matachin release day! :aemo_spibodjmp:). We know we asked before but we were really hoping that at one or the other we might get to hear Run For Your Life, which is a firm obscure favourite with us! It really would make our day! So please Squeezy, can you fix it for us?  :D

Offline Anna

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 3 2008 11:49AM GMT-1 »
Ooh, yes please, I love Run For Your Life- it's really sinister! Wonderful stuff! ;D
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get