Author Topic: Anyone going to the Bath Music Festival? (first-timer)  (Read 20670 times)

Offline Milady

• Has a Concertina, Melodeon and Fiddle
    • ladydetemps youtube
Anyone going to the Bath Music Festival? (first-timer)
« on: Friday, May 16 2008 10:32AM GMT-1 »
I know its a bit early.....but I already can't wait...It'll be not only my first Bellowhead gig...but my first proper gig ever that I've been too. So I'm equally nervous and excited. Just have to book the train tickets and then I'll I'll be sorted till it comes to packing.....I can never decide what to bring.

so anyone else going?

any tips for a newbie? (other than documenting the experience accurately in my blog;) )
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 18 2008 03:29PM GMT-1 by ladydetemps »
"Lovely band...they play music and everything..."
My Blog http://thelearningtoclogblog.blogspot.com/

hevaa

Re: Anyone going to the Bath Music Festival? (first-timer)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 22 2008 09:01PM GMT-1 »
Hey I'm going too :D This'll be my... 4th bellowhead gig I think? They are v. ace.
Don't really have many tips, but dancing like a mad man is always a good one ^^
You coming from far away?
xx

Offline Milady

• ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 23 2008 08:58AM GMT-1 »
All the way from the  wilds of Essex...I live by the thames estuary :)

hevaa

« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 23 2008 09:22AM GMT-1 »
oh cool. i go to essex uni in colchester :) but my parents live near bath so im going home for the weekend. havent seen bellowhead for a while so should be good! i thought the other band looked ok too? cant remember their name...

Offline Milady

• ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 23 2008 09:32AM GMT-1 »
oh cool. i go to essex uni in colchester Smiley but my parents live near bath so im going home for the weekend. havent seen bellowhead for a while so should be good! i thought the other band looked ok too? cant remember their name...

cool. not that far  away from me then (although last time I went to colchester it was a school trip....lol!

I wasn't sure about the other band ...I like ska but don't like hip-hop...so I'm not sure how I'll like a mix of the two. I'm hoping they are like Madness or Ian Dury and the Blockheads though.

(BTW. hevaa you going to the leigh folk festival at all?)
« Last Edit: Friday, May 23 2008 02:33PM GMT-1 by ladydetemps »

hevaa

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 23 2008 11:18AM GMT-1 »
No I'm not... Heading back to my parents' for the summer so I'm going to Trowbridge Village Pump Fest (the town where I live).

Offline Milady

• ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 23 2008 11:30AM GMT-1 »
With Bath....I'm one of those people who over-plan stuff (trip itinery and everything...written in my little book)...all I need now is find some places to eat in Bath that won't break the bank and I'm sorted.

I didn't know wether to book ahead a taxi for when the gig finishes.....or wait till the moment to get one

will there be an oppertunity to get autographs or not? Coz I don't know what to expect..
« Last Edit: Friday, May 23 2008 11:33AM GMT-1 by ladydetemps »

hevaa

« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 23 2008 11:36AM GMT-1 »
Are you staying somewhere in Bath? If you wait til the end you might have to wait like half an hour, but then you'd get to stay around to see if bellowhead will sign something for you :D I got a few of them to sign their song list for me, it's still on my wall ^^

Offline Milady

• ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 23 2008 11:41AM GMT-1 »
Are you staying somewhere in Bath?
i'm staying 20mins walk away..so I could walk if I could be bothered. lol! But I'd probably get lost with my sense of direction.

but then you'd get to stay around to see if bellowhead will sign something for you
:) I've never asked anyone for an autograph before....I always feel like its bothering them. (My sis has the Mighty Boosh's autograph though.) *must remember to pack pen and something to sign*

I got a few of them to sign their song list for me, it's still on my wall
cool :D

Offline Stephenw

« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 23 2008 11:43AM GMT-1 »
There's always someone from Bellowhead around at the end of gigs to sell you things and sign stuff for you. They are all very friendly and don't bite.
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it." But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.

hevaa

« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 23 2008 11:43AM GMT-1 »
wow mighty boosh. thats fairly epic.
they won't mind, if one of them is standing around afterwards anyway go and have a chat :)
(there are quite a few places to eat in bath, but sadly all the ones i know are like indian/chinese etc, a bit expensive. i dunno if the £6 all-you-can-eat in the podium is open in the evening? that's quite ace!)

Offline Lizwardo

« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 23 2008 11:46AM GMT-1 »
(there are quite a few places to eat in bath, but sadly all the ones i know are like indian/chinese etc, a bit expensive. i dunno if the £6 all-you-can-eat in the podium is open in the evening? that's quite ace!)

Ooh yeah that's a good one! I'm not sure about evenings either though

Offline Milady

• ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 23 2008 11:50AM GMT-1 »
There's always someone from Bellowhead around at the end of gigs to sell you things and sign stuff for you. They are all very friendly and don't bite.
:) if I can only pluck up the courage..I'm very shy in real life. lol!

wow mighty boosh. thats fairly epic.
she got to go see the live show with my cousin. (another epic thing..my cousin was wearing a necklace an Noel said he liked it and asked her where it was from. Then next time on as a tv show I saw him wearing a very similar looking necklace..how cool)

once a group of us was so cheap wen went to an all you can eat buffet and only half of us ordered food and hthe other lot ordered drinks then we shared the food. lol!  Then we left a tip that was all the 1 and 2  pences we had between us (must have made up about £5)

hevaa

« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 23 2008 11:51AM GMT-1 »
Sneaky! But genius.
Sadly I don't think you can do that at this place, I seem to recall it's £6 per person who is going to sit down, type thing.

Offline cazzer

« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 23 2008 12:18PM GMT-1 »
No I'm not... Heading back to my parents' for the summer so I'm going to Trowbridge Village Pump Fest (the town where I live).

Hi Hevva

we'll be there as myself and MFP live in Bristol.     Did you go last year with all that mud??    Also of course going to Bellowhead at Bath.