Author Topic: Random question re gigs and cd’s  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Kay_fin

• My music.
Random question re gigs and cd’s
« on: Monday, September 15 2008 09:04AM GMT-1 »
Does anyone know what cd’s S&B tend to take along to their gigs to sell?  Do you think they take everything or just new stuff? I’m just wondering as there’s a few I want to get on sat, and was hoping (if they felt that way inclined) to get them signed ;D. Has anyone recently bought a copy of Painted Lady from them? I don’t know whether I should try and get hold of them before the gig maybe. I think this could be a silly question lol.

Offline firehazard

• All in his tarry trews
Re: Random question re gigs and cd’s
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 15 2008 09:09AM GMT-1 »
When I've seen them they've tended to be carting around all the CDs they've got available. And I think I did buy my copy of Painted Lady at a gig...

Edit: Actually, I probably didn't buy Painted Lady at a gig, as investigation reveals that it is not a signed copy.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 15 2008 09:11AM GMT-1 by firehazard »

BoldSirAndy

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 15 2008 12:22PM GMT-1 »
Every time I've seen them they've had all the S&B albums that were available at the time, the Bellowhead EP and then Burlesque as well and I did buy my copy of Painted Lady from them at a gig in March last year.

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 15 2008 12:43PM GMT-1 »
You could always PM them and ask them if they could take one specially for you.  I'm sure they'd do their best to oblige   :)

Carolyn

Offline Kay_fin

• My music.
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 15 2008 01:12PM GMT-1 »
Thanks for all your replies. Sounds like there’s a good chance they will have them there. I just really want to get them signed lol.
You could always PM them and ask them if they could take one specially for you.  I'm sure they'd do their best to oblige   :)

Might wait and see if they see this, if not I might be brave and PM Squeezy. More than likely will just be a wimp and hope they have them there  :D

Offline Ancient Muse

« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 15 2008 01:24PM GMT-1 »
Well when we went to see Bellowhead the first time they had loads of CDs on sale including lots by the various individuals and their other projects, but when we went to see S&B on their own there were no Bellowhead albums.
Perhaps its just a case of they take what's available to them at the time though.

Offline firebird

• BrightYoungFolk
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 15 2008 03:49PM GMT-1 »
Whenever I've seen them they've always had all the S&B albums available, and I think generally Painted Lady, Burlesque and E.P.Onymous as well. I expect you'll be in luck :)
Morris teams: HuMP and Taeppa's Tump