Author Topic: Zodiac gig-oxford-october.....  (Read 12927 times)

Offline Fi

• Melodeon, spinning wheel and knitting needles
Re: Zodiac gig-oxford-october.....
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, September 27 2008 11:19AM GMT-1 »

OK, tickets bought*, can we bring our own beer? <JOKE>

Baby sitter needed now, Haven't had a musical outing without the boy yet...it'll be odd  ::)

*I do hate to sound all complainy and stuff - I have no prob with the booking fee, but why can't we have e-tickets and not a 'no choice' £3 charge for postage?
We can't go over it, we can't go under it....

Offline Oxford Trunkles

• Master of Epic Folly
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, September 27 2008 11:58AM GMT-1 »
Excellent - we're in for a great night then.
Trunkles

ady

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 28 2008 10:01AM GMT-1 »
yeah love upstairs much more......its how the Zodiac used to be(no disrespect to anyone working there-but since "carling" have changed the place its not like the nitty gritty place it once was.)
i'll be wearing some bright yellow tee like the one in the piccy-with Shaggy hair.  :)

Offline Joe

« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 29 2008 11:28AM GMT-1 »
Whats the new upstairs like?

Offline Nick

• Talkawhile
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 29 2008 01:45PM GMT-1 »
No idea!

Well, we presume it hasn't been changed dramatically. It'll still have a higher ceiling and high stage. The room's not that long so you can't end up too far away from the stage. It's hard to see how any of those things could be changed.

It'll probably be a bit smarter than it was - less sticky, cleaner loos - but on the downside will invariably only serve rubbish drinks at inflated prices  :-\

Cheers

Nick
The collective noun for a group of hermits? ... a failure

ady

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 30 2008 07:34AM GMT-1 »
Whats the new upstairs like?

well having been there 6 times in the past year its great- basically its had a lick of paint and some more decent lights added- also the bit at the back where there was a bar? thats changed a tad and sometimes is closed off-as the bar now is on the side wall next to wear the toilets are.

so if your like me- a fan of old School Zodiac- its still seems like its oldself.....unlike downstairs  :o

dmi

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 1 2008 07:22PM GMT-1 »
I've recently moved to the Oxford area (Kennington, in fact) and I'm considering going to the Oxford gig, not least because it's my birthday and I've been sort of following Bellowhead (or Kerfuffle/Spiers & Boden/Faustus) around the festival circuit this summer. The only thing is... I don't really know anybody here yet, and I'm not too interested in going by myself, even for Bellowhead.

Is there perchance a group of people getting together beforehand in the centre of Oxford and heading out there? If so, I would be interested in possibly tagging along, if there are any tickets left...

Offline Betty slippers

• Dance, dance, dance, weird, weird, weird, dance
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 1 2008 10:21PM GMT-1 »
Hi dmi, welcome to the board! Not sure if anyone will be meeting in town beforehand, but we'll be fairly easy to spot in the venue. We're usually down the front near Benji going a bit mad! We can definitely arrange to meet up there. Which festivals have you been to? It's more than likely you've been very close to me and firebird and/or cazzer and mfp. We've been to quite a few between us this year  ::) Oh, and if you've seen a yellow hankie waved at a Bellowhead gig that will have been one of us bunch on here.  :D  :aemo_spibod_wave:
If it hadn'a been for Flash Company...

dmi

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 1 2008 11:44PM GMT-1 »
Hi dmi, welcome to the board!
Thanks -- please, call me Dave :-)

Not sure if anyone will be meeting in town beforehand, but we'll be fairly easy to spot in the venue. We're usually down the front near Benji going a bit mad! We can definitely arrange to meet up there.
Definitely sounds promising. I'm still undecided, but if I do go then I'll try to convince a couple of guys that I work with to come along. Their tastes tend towards drum 'n' bass, sadly, but maybe it could convert them...

Which festivals have you been to? It's more than likely you've been very close to me and firebird and/or cazzer and mfp. We've been to quite a few between us this year  ::)
Well, this summer we've been to The Big Session, Stokes Bay, and Bromyard... and we were also very near the front at the Christmas Revels in London. I really hope they do that again this year!

Oh, and if you've seen a yellow hankie waved at a Bellowhead gig that will have been one of us bunch on here.  :D  :aemo_spibod_wave:
Well who hasn't done that? ;)

dmi

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, October 2 2008 12:13PM GMT-1 »
... or maybe I won't be coming along, as it looks like tickets have sold out. Unless the Carling Academy website is lying, of course.  :'(

Offline Nick

• Talkawhile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, October 2 2008 12:25PM GMT-1 »
Ah.

That might have been our fault  :-[

We kind of nagged Mark into having the gig upstairs rather than downstairs. Downstairs is bigger capacity but it's a rubbish hall. Upstairs is smaller but much better for the audience.

Er, sorry!

Nick
The collective noun for a group of hermits? ... a failure

dmi

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, October 2 2008 12:31PM GMT-1 »
That's ok - sort of my fault too for delaying so long. Any word yet if they're doing another Christmas Revels? It was really good last time!

Offline Anna

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 2 2008 02:40PM GMT-1 »
If you do make it, we generally cluster together at the front, so you wouldn't be on your own. Hello, by the way! :)
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

dmi

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 2 2008 02:44PM GMT-1 »
If you do make it, we generally cluster together at the front, so you wouldn't be on your own. Hello, by the way! :)

Thanks :-) I'll keep an eye out for tickets... any suggestions as to where else I might be able to pick some up?

Offline firebird

• BrightYoungFolk
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 2 2008 02:56PM GMT-1 »
Morris teams: HuMP and Taeppa's Tump