Author Topic: Annoying Things  (Read 652285 times)

Offline Milady

• Has a Concertina, Melodeon and Fiddle
    • ladydetemps youtube
Re: Annoying Things
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 19 2008 11:38AM GMT-1 »
People who let you down at last minute.....is my constant problem. I plan well in advance and yet still I get let down. Why can't they just say no when I ask first off...then I can find a replacement.
"Lovely band...they play music and everything..."
My Blog http://thelearningtoclogblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Nick

• Talkawhile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 19 2008 12:12PM GMT-1 »
music at wedding do's

Can I absolve ourselves from that? Or at least can we be the exception that proves the rule? ... We had The Oxford Waits and Mawkin play at our wedding!  8)

The collective noun for a group of hermits? ... a failure

Offline Kay_fin

• My music.
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 19 2008 12:22PM GMT-1 »
music at wedding do's

Can I absolve ourselves from that? Or at least can we be the exception that proves the rule? ... We had The Oxford Waits and Mawkin play at our wedding!  8)

Ooh, wish we had something like that. We had the worst wedding DJ ever. We were skint though so went for the cheepest, think for the money we paid he could have at least pronounced our name correctly though. He played complete cheese (not in a good way) and wouldn't even let us make requests!!!
Should have done what my brother in law did and bought lots of dj stuff himself. He got his friend to do it and had rock playing all night.

Laura

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 19 2008 02:14PM GMT-1 »
Speaking of fire alarms, it's quite annoying when school kids run in the corridors of the Youth Hostel where I work, bump in the fire alarm box and i have to evacuate 600 (angry) people for no reason at all (without mention the angry fire officers, if I am not quick enough to reset the alarm)... fortunately we just bought a plastic cover for that specific box on the corner where everybody was bumping every three seconds...!

We still have the smoke detectors though: they are very sensitive (that is good) but I am a bit tired of them getting off because of people playing deodorant battles in the rooms... (deodorant battles?! I never did it, I think I had a dull teenage life).

Offline firebird

• BrightYoungFolk
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 19 2008 02:32PM GMT-1 »
Oooh, yes, we used to play canoe polo in a sports centre that had all these big red buttons connected to the alarm system all round the pool in case of emergency. All well and good, except when you have all the people not playing leaning against the sides....and occasionally on the buttons. Also quite hard to avoid when you're carrying canoes around. I think they disconnected them while we were in there eventually  ::)
Morris teams: HuMP and Taeppa's Tump

Offline Helen :oD

• Iris Promotions
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 19 2008 04:32PM GMT-1 »
When you have tons of work to do, yet al you can do is watch Bellowhead on Youtube and wish you were at a gig!!
xXx
"Sweating like a turtle"
Oxford Folk Festival
Ely Folk Festival
Shrewsbury Folk Festival

Offline Milady

• ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 19 2008 04:36PM GMT-1 »
When you have tons of work to do, yet al you can do is watch Bellowhead on Youtube and wish you were at a gig!!
xXx
*sigh* wouldn't a live online gig be cool? Then we could all join in through a web cam and msn...or skype.

• Iris Promotions
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 19 2008 04:45PM GMT-1 »
We could all hook our webcams up and have embarrassing live footage of dancing :P Speaking of which I need a Bellowposter to cover a large spot on my wall, anyone know where I could possibly purchase one?
xXx
"Sweating like a turtle"
Oxford Folk Festival
Ely Folk Festival
Shrewsbury Folk Festival

Offline Ollie

• I Morris, therefore I am
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 19 2008 06:37PM GMT-1 »
Or on here, like the Levellers are doing tonight - http://www.fabchannel.com/levellers_concert/2008-11-19
"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."

Offline Clare

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 19 2008 06:45PM GMT-1 »
A thing that annoys me is the way news items on Radio 4 are so formulaic: intro - recording of relevant noise (sometimes singing/aircraft noise/ animal noise etc) - back to reporter. They also do something similar with trailers (although there was a recent trailer I loved!) I love Radio 4 on the whole, but this irritates me.

Catharine

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 19 2008 06:54PM GMT-1 »
We could all hook our webcams up and have embarrassing live footage of dancing :P Speaking of which I need a Bellowposter to cover a large spot on my wall, anyone know where I could possibly purchase one?
xXx

Ta daaaahhhhh http://www.bellowhead.co.uk/resources.html

Offline Anna

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 20 2008 10:11AM GMT-1 »
Oh, well done! I really really need to go and get a new colour cartridge for the printer...
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

Offline Lizwardo

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 20 2008 10:59AM GMT-1 »
Hmm, whilst looking at the webpage with the poster on I noticed the Observer's review of Burlesque, which I hadn't read before.  Interesting what they said about Across The Line...
"'Across The Line' has a brilliant flourish of a flute solo..."

Flute?   ???

• Iris Promotions
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 20 2008 12:19PM GMT-1 »
Are there any new posters though? Cause they don't have the right line up and would be nice to have a current one :) with Sam instead of Giles.
xXx
"Sweating like a turtle"
Oxford Folk Festival
Ely Folk Festival
Shrewsbury Folk Festival

Offline Milady

• ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 20 2008 01:22PM GMT-1 »
We could all hook our webcams up and have embarrassing live footage of dancing :P
And waving yellow hankies and playing kazoos.  :aemo_spibod_wave:

Are there any new posters though? Cause they don't have the right line up and would be nice to have a current one :) with Sam instead of Giles.
xXx
or a calander  ;)