Author Topic: Nice Things  (Read 645362 times)

Offline Anna

Nice Things
« on: Friday, December 5 2008 10:19AM GMT-1 »
We seem to be getting a bit grumpy! With good reason, of course, but I thought we should have a Nice Things thread!

Yesterday, one of our neighbours came round in a flap because she had a delivery of logs on the way, and it was too much for her to store, so asked if we'd like to share it. When it arrived, it turned out to be great chunks of tree trunks, and there is so much of it that it will see all of us (four houses- it used to be one big house but got divided into four cottages) through most of the winter. And because it wasn't cut up into logs, it was really cheap. So hurrah for nice neighbours! :)
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

Offline Carolyn

Re: Nice Things
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 5 2008 11:42AM GMT-1 »
Mushroom risotto.  Mmmm - lots of garlic, interesting mushrooms (not THAT interesting  :o) and nice and creamy.Mmmm.

Carolyn

Offline Milady

• Has a Concertina, Melodeon and Fiddle
    • ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 5 2008 12:10PM GMT-1 »
When I manage to play a song in less than an hour (not fantasticly I'll admit..but I got all the notes in the right places)  :aemo_squeeze:
"Lovely band...they play music and everything..."
My Blog http://thelearningtoclogblog.blogspot.com/

Offline firebird

• BrightYoungFolk
« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 5 2008 12:26PM GMT-1 »
It's nice how things often turn out to happen at the right time, even if it feels like it's wrong when they're not happening earlier. Just recently I've had lots of offers to play with, and help from assorted local melodeon players (who seem to have crawled out of the woodwork in the last 2 weeks!!). I thought I could have done with this when I was starting out, but have come to realise that I am much more in a position to learn what they have to teach me now than I was 6 months ago, and that spending the first 3 months playing in isolation wasn't necessarily a bad thing! :)
Morris teams: HuMP and Taeppa's Tump

Offline Fi

• Melodeon, spinning wheel and knitting needles
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 5 2008 02:58PM GMT-1 »

Winter sunshine  :), and being able to wear my knitted things a lot, and also almost getting the B part of Jockey to the Fair right at some speed last night (I am so out of practice), and mulled wine, obviously.
We can't go over it, we can't go under it....

Offline Milady

• Has a Concertina, Melodeon and Fiddle
    • ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 5 2008 03:13PM GMT-1 »

Winter sunshine  :), and being able to wear my knitted things a lot, and also almost getting the B part of Jockey to the Fair right at some speed last night (I am so out of practice), and mulled wine, obviously.
Did you trying playing wearing the knitted stuff after some mulled wine?  ;) :P
"Lovely band...they play music and everything..."
My Blog http://thelearningtoclogblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Helen :oD

• Iris Promotions
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 5 2008 04:07PM GMT-1 »
Advent Calenders :D
xXx
"Sweating like a turtle"
Oxford Folk Festival
Ely Folk Festival
Shrewsbury Folk Festival

Offline Stephenw

« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 5 2008 05:17PM GMT-1 »
Cadbury's chocolate Advent Calenders!  :D
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it." But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.

Stu

« Reply #8 on: Friday, December 5 2008 07:04PM GMT-1 »
Huzzah for the fantastic harmonies of choirs all around the world! The feeling of listening to them and being in one is just so invigorating!

Offline Fi

• Melodeon, spinning wheel and knitting needles
« Reply #9 on: Friday, December 5 2008 07:06PM GMT-1 »

Did you trying playing wearing the knitted stuff after some mulled wine?  ;) :P

I tell you what, it was so ****** cold in the W.I. hall last night I was dancing in fingerless gloves and a scarf! Sadly, no mulled wine was available. But I'm making some tonight  ;D
We can't go over it, we can't go under it....

Offline Kay_fin

• My music.
« Reply #10 on: Friday, December 5 2008 08:29PM GMT-1 »
Meeting new people who you know your going to be firm friends with for life. It seems as you get older you natrualy drift away from people you used to know and new great friends are few and far between. Last year one of my old friends moved to redditch with his wife who his one of the nicest people i have ever met and im really lucky to have her as a friend.

Offline cazzer

« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 5 2008 08:39PM GMT-1 »
Hotel Chocolat  ;D

Offline Clare

« Reply #12 on: Friday, December 5 2008 08:54PM GMT-1 »
Dawn skies - they have been so beautiful lately

Offline Anna

« Reply #13 on: Friday, December 5 2008 09:30PM GMT-1 »
They have been nice- I've been going out to the chickens just as they've been waking up, when the first light appears, so I've been seeing the dawn at it's best. Another nice thing I forgot to mention is that we're getting eggs from one of our new chickens. We know it's Stella, because she looks so very proud of herself! She's a lovely little bird, she really likes human company :). And her eggs are such sweet little things! They will probably get bigger, but at the moment they fall right into the eggcups! Whoever would have thought eggs could be cute? :laugh:
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

Offline maureen

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, December 6 2008 01:44AM GMT-1 »
Hotel Chocolat  ;D

I'll second that! We've been shopping at Lakeside tonight and I forgot to go in there!
"nobody died wishing they'd done more housework"