Author Topic: Anyone going to Tamworth on the 25th April?  (Read 9685 times)

Offline Kay_fin

• My music.
Anyone going to Tamworth on the 25th April?
« on: Thursday, April 2 2009 01:40PM GMT-1 »
It feels like ages since iv posted on the forum!!!
Iv just ordered my tickets for this, really looking forward to it. Saw them on Tuesday in Worcester and it was really lively (think i was in the rowdy row at the back  :o)
Cant wait  ;D

lizzie

Re: Anyone going to Tamworth on the 25th April?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 2 2009 06:07PM GMT-1 »
I might be tempted, as it's my Birthday on the 28th and I'm having to miss young Sam in Brum that day coz of a wedding gig that I'm doing in Stoke......depends what time I finish!!

Offline Clare

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 2 2009 06:53PM GMT-1 »
Oh, do hope you can.

We've decided to make a day of it - so Kerfuffle in the afternoon, John and Jon in the evening. Booked tickets! Can't wait :)

Wonder if Shelley could come along too?

lizzie

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 2 2009 06:53PM GMT-1 »
Oh, do hope you can.

We've decided to make a day of it - so Kerfuffle in the afternoon, John and Jon in the evening. Booked tickets! Can't wait :)

Wonder if Shelley could come along too?

She shouldn't take much convincing eh?! LOL! x

Offline Kay_fin

• My music.
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 2 2009 07:05PM GMT-1 »
Oooo Yeh, forgot thats the same day. Im planning on doing that too, ill have to find out how to get from the city centre to Tamworth. Sounds like its going to be a great day. Be good to see you there Lizzie, i missed you at Oxford, just saw Helen at the town hall.

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 3 2009 12:05PM GMT-1 »
I'm working during the day so will miss Kerfuffle (pah!) but might be persuaded out in the evening.  Have to be in Mancy for a choral concert the next day so t'will be a long drive back, but hey ....
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Stephenw

« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 3 2009 12:32PM GMT-1 »
I'm going to Brum to see Kerfuffle so I might join you if Pickeletto can get me to Tamworth and if Shelley wants company on the way home!  :)
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it." But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.

lizzie

« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 3 2009 04:58PM GMT-1 »
Oooo Yeh, forgot thats the same day. Im planning on doing that too, ill have to find out how to get from the city centre to Tamworth. Sounds like its going to be a great day. Be good to see you there Lizzie, i missed you at Oxford, just saw Helen at the town hall.

I was dying quietly at the Holiday Inn on the Sunday! :(

Offline Kay_fin

• My music.
« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 3 2009 05:28PM GMT-1 »
I know, Helen said you were ill. Thats such a shame  :(

Offline Helen :oD

• Iris Promotions
« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 3 2009 11:54PM GMT-1 »
I'm going to Brum to see Kerfuffle so I might join you if Pickeletto can get me to Tamworth and if Shelley wants company on the way home!  :)

I want to come... trying to persuade Rob that we should have a day out in Brum. Feels like forever since I saw Kerfuffle, and he's never seen S&B on their own. Hmmm...
Don't want to push him too far though, he's just agreed to come to Bromyard with me, and steward there, and we will be at Holmfirth for hopefully all of Saturday.
xXx
"Sweating like a turtle"
Oxford Folk Festival
Ely Folk Festival
Shrewsbury Folk Festival

Offline Clare

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 4 2009 10:07AM GMT-1 »
I can get 3 people to Tamworth from Brum - so that's KayF and StephenW - anyone else?

Offline Kay_fin

• My music.
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 4 2009 05:19PM GMT-1 »
I can get 3 people to Tamworth from Brum - so that's KayF and StephenW - anyone else?

Ooo, thank you for the offer  ;D. Im coming with my friend though and we will be ok getting the train. Think its only about 15 mins on the train and then a short walk to the venue. Its like a mini adventure, only with out my mini.

Does anyone know what time Kerfuffle are on? Im going to bring Lilly so she can have a little dance, then her dads going to take her home when we go of to Tamworth.

Offline Clare

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 4 2009 06:07PM GMT-1 »
That's Ok. Think Kerfuffle are on about 2ish -but as they are playing the Red Lion next weekend and we're going, I'll try and get more details

jack not master!

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 4 2009 08:11PM GMT-1 »
I'll be there! can't wait!  :aemo_fiddle: :aemo_squeeze:

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 5 2009 11:35AM GMT-1 »
Sorry chaps - it's too far to drive for just the evening.  If I could be there for the whole day I'd be up for it.  I've seen S&B twice this week though, and will be seeing Kerfuffle in June with any luck.
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival