Author Topic: Upcoming gigs  (Read 213263 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Upcoming gigs
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, April 15 2009 05:57PM GMT-1 »
Benji is playing these 4 gigs with Cormac Byrne (percussionist) and Sam Norman (double bass) = a band! :)

Woohoo! Benji is brilliant on his own, but Cormac is wonderful! Yay! And a double bass to boot!  ;D
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

lizzie

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, April 15 2009 06:21PM GMT-1 »
I'm rather tempted to come to The Stables....seeing as I'll be staying in Watford that night....it's not far is it???

Offline DawnG

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, April 15 2009 06:28PM GMT-1 »
about 25 miles  xx

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 15 2009 09:03PM GMT-1 »
Yes Lizzie, come.  And BoldSirAndy where do you live?  I was looking forward to it when it was just Benji, but now...  ;D

Carolyn

lizzie

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 15 2009 09:24PM GMT-1 »
Yes Lizzie, come.  And BoldSirAndy where do you live?  I was looking forward to it when it was just Benji, but now...  ;D

Carolyn

unfortunately it's not possible...Ralphie's got a grand meal planned for us - bless!

BoldSirAndy

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 16 2009 03:48AM GMT-1 »
  And BoldSirAndy where do you live? 

I was talking about the album launch gig in Balham tonight, (15th), The Stables is too far from my cardboard box outside Shoreditch tube where I shout obscenities at passers by between swigging from a bottle of cheap vodka, especially without a car.

Offline Shelley

• Crumple my muslin and uncurl my hair
    • The Bailey Sisters - early and traditional music in close harmony
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 16 2009 04:03AM GMT-1 »
See M:C with Show of Hands at the Lowry on Sunday - if you haven't got a ticket, you won't get one as it's sold out!
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Clare

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 16 2009 07:59AM GMT-1 »
and we're seeing Megson with Show of Hands tonight in the fab new theatre in Shrewsbury -also sold out

Offline AnnieD

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 16 2009 08:48AM GMT-1 »
Benji is playing these 4 gigs with Cormac Byrne (percussionist) and Sam Norman (double bass) = a band! :)

Woohoo! Benji is brilliant on his own, but Cormac is wonderful! Yay! And a double bass to boot!  ;D

They were rather good last night.  :aemo_spibodjmp:
Cormac side will be left as you face the stage  ;) - he is a very special percussionist. And what a brilliant encore - I won't spoil it for you but I would KILL for a recording of it.

Offline Stephenw

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 16 2009 09:03AM GMT-1 »
Would I be right in saying that Cormac has more going for him them his percussioning skills?  ;)
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it." But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better.

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 16 2009 09:52AM GMT-1 »
Cormac's lovely.  He looks like a 10 year old allowed to stay up late!  His percussion skills are absolutely mind boggling!

Carolyn

Offline Shelley

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 16 2009 10:42AM GMT-1 »
This is the man in question I presume: http://www.myspace.com/cormacbyrne

We have our tickets for Steeleye in Lancaster on the last day of the current tour - 10th May.  They're very busy this year with trips to the US and Australia, and another tour here in the autumn.
14th Jan - All Saints, Harrow Weald, 3rd Feb - Brewery Tap, Doncaster, 5th Feb - St Ninians, Chorlton, 25th March - Northwich Folk Club, 10th June - Knitted Character Folk Festival

Offline Anna

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 16 2009 11:44AM GMT-1 »
Yes, that's the one! He's another one who looks too young to be fanciable (or have I just got a higher moral standard than some forum members?!!), but he's a fantastic percussionist. Seth Lakeman should have kept hold of him and not got a drummer. I'm really looking forward to tonight now. :D
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get

Offline Shelley

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 16 2009 11:54AM GMT-1 »
Karen saw him at the Folkport weekend and came back raving about him (his musical ability of course!).

Offline Carolyn

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 16 2009 12:07PM GMT-1 »
He really is absoutely astonishing.  I could watch and listen to him on his own all night.  I've seen him with Seth Lakeman and Uiscedwr and to be honest it's Cormac I want to see.  Seth's not quite the attraction he was since Cormac left, I'm afraid!

Carolyn