Author Topic: Snape Maltings - 10th Aug anyon going?  (Read 3581 times)

Dave Crampton

Snape Maltings - 10th Aug anyon going?
« on: Monday, August 3 2009 05:41PM GMT-1 »
Anyone going to the Snape Maltings on 10th August to see Spiers and Boden?

Dave C

viv42

Re: Snape Maltings - 10th Aug anyon going?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 10 2009 09:02AM GMT-1 »
Snape Maltings is at the back of beyond and where all the posh people go to retire. I suspect the gig will be subduded... Nevertheless, haven't heard S&B for a while so am going regardless.  By the time you pick this up, of course, Snape will have come and gone so I hope you enjoyed it as much as I know I will.

lizzie

« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 10 2009 11:48AM GMT-1 »
I wish!! I know I'm a bit of a nutter when it comes to driving long distances, but....

Offline AnnieD

« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 10 2009 12:48PM GMT-1 »
I would LOVE to go but 2 hours on a Monday night  :o

I need to see them again - the Sidmouth set was TOO SHORT.

viv42

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 11 2009 12:12AM GMT-1 »
Snape turned out well.  Enjoyed the gig (I always do) but JonB made the mistake of listening to his own advice for 'Childe Morris' in suggesting that the audience only need listen to the first two verses and then drift off - which is exactly what he did and dried up half way through... Still it's along old song and I'm sure no one noticed ::)

There were more than a few posh people ("...the Daily Mail said some terrible things about Prince Charles..." I heard one lady say as she passed by, in an accent that probably thinks that a comprehensive education means learning Greek and Latin...) but got chatting to a family on holiday from Cheshire, which was nice.

Anyway, must go, as I don't want this to descend into a review. To be truthful, I am always astonished at how good these guys are but anyone reading this piece will already know this - otherwise they wouldn't be on the forum in the first place!