Author Topic: Cheltenham Folk Festival  (Read 7330 times)

Offline Carolyn

Re: Cheltenham Folk Festival
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 18 2008 01:57PM GMT-1 »
Just got home from a cracking day in Gloucestershire :)

Seriously Cheltenham, rethink the size of your venues!

PLEASE don't suggest that!  A couple of years ago we had the debacle that was using the Everyman theatre (I think) as an extra venue.  Fine in theory - it's big - but the upstairs was SOOOO cramped we all sat with our legs dangling over the seats in front.  And hopeless for sufferers of vertigo as it's really steeply tiered!  We had to get compulsory seated tickets, which they didn't mention in the pre-festival stuff so lots of grumpiness there as well, specially as the stewards were over-zealous in their duties.

This year's shambles was made worse by somebody dying in the main hall, so that was cleared and everyone wanted somewhere to go - naturally.  We got in to J&J's second set, having queued patiently for an hour (listening to the first set throught the partition wall!) and when we got in it was only about 3/4 full.  Hoorah! 

Anyway, it was all jolly good   ;D

Carolyn

Offline cazzer

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 19 2008 01:32PM GMT-1 »
We enjoyed our days in Cheltenham [apart from the queuing], arriving just in time for Phil Beer's second set.  We then saw Benji, John and Jon, Phil Beer, Tams and Coope, Brass Monkey, and finally John and Jon on the late night show.    On the Sunday we saw Benji, Steve Turner, Belshazzar's feast and Kerr Fagan Harbron.      Highlights for us were Phil Beer, Benji, John and Jon, and Belshazzar's Feast.     

Although really enjoyed the late night show, no one really got up to dance, so I was slightly disappointed.  On the Sunday it was a huge shame that Belshazzar's Feast didn't get an encore, and weren't the final act.    Most people seemed to enjoy them more than Kerr Fagan Harbron.

Also got a copy of 'Boomerang' which has been played a lot  ;D

Offline firebird

• BrightYoungFolk
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 19 2008 02:33PM GMT-1 »
Quote from: cazzer
Although really enjoyed the late night show, no one really got up to dance, so I was slightly disappointed.

For shame! If Betty and I had been there for that, you *know* we would have ;D (the recently discovered benefit of sitting right at the front? You can't see if no-one else is dancing, so it doesn't matter!).
Morris teams: HuMP and Taeppa's Tump