Author Topic: Tapatalk?  (Read 4608 times)

Ant

Tapatalk?
« on: Tuesday, November 23 2010 10:31AM GMT-1 »
Hi there... new poster here (but not a new fan, I've been one of those for years!).

I would like to contribute regularly, and I was wondering whether the admins would be able to look into activating tapatalk for this forum. It's an app that makes forums much easier to use on an iPhone... apparently, it's quite easy to activate... just a thought. It would make my life a lot easier!

Ant

Re: Tapatalk?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 23 2010 10:34AM GMT-1 »
I've just re-read that and it sounds like I'm some sort of dodgy salesman! I'm not, I'm a genuine fan wanting to pitch in... promise!

Offline Milady

• Has a Concertina, Melodeon and Fiddle
    • ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 23 2010 10:37AM GMT-1 »
Hi ant, welcome to the forum. I already view this forum on my phone with only simple wap capabilities. Means I can see all the text just not the emotes, or pics and can't 'edit' once I've posted.
"Lovely band...they play music and everything..."
My Blog http://thelearningtoclogblog.blogspot.com/

Ant

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 23 2010 10:41AM GMT-1 »
Hi there! Thanks for the welcome! I can view it on my phone, and post, and it works ok. But I use lots of forums on tapatalk and it just makes life so much easier!

Offline Nick

• Talkawhile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 23 2010 11:35AM GMT-1 »
Hi Ant,

Squeezy John runs this forum, in between the day job. It would be at his discretion whether to use Tapatalk here.

I can offer some experience as an Administrator of another forum however. Getting Tapatalk installed is fine providing the forum software is 'standard' and doesn't use too many custom bits and pieces. Some forums may use special modifications to the standard BB software though (e.g. to add extra features, improve security, etc) and sometimes these are not compatible with Tapatalk. In such cases adding Talkatalk might take away some of the forum's other functions.

In the meantime, the SMF software that this board uses works pretty well for mobiles in a regular mobile web browser. As LDT does, I can access this forum and others perfectly well using my Blackberry which is fine for me.

Cheers

Nick
The collective noun for a group of hermits? ... a failure

Offline Ollie

• I Morris, therefore I am
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 23 2010 05:21PM GMT-1 »
I have no trouble viewing or posting to the forum through Safari on my iPod Touch, in fact I'm doing so now. How does Tapatalk make it easier?
"Tradition must be respected, convention can be broken; but only when you know which is which."

Ant

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 23 2010 05:50PM GMT-1 »
To be fair, this forum works pretty well on my iPhone... better than most. Tapatalk just makes viewing and keeping up with threads even easier. It records which threads you have participated in, all those that have unread content and the screen is designed for the iPhone so there's no awkward resizing or scrolling along needed.

As I say, though, this isn't too bad. I don't think a lack of tapatalk would put me off... I just like the format.

Offline Milady

• Has a Concertina, Melodeon and Fiddle
    • ladydetemps youtube
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 23 2010 05:56PM GMT-1 »
To be fair, this forum works pretty well on my iPhone... better than most. Tapatalk just makes viewing and keeping up with threads even easier. It records which threads you have participated in, all those that have unread content and the screen is designed for the iPhone so there's no awkward resizing or scrolling along needed.

As I say, though, this isn't too bad. I don't think a lack of tapatalk would put me off... I just like the format.
Tip1: when on the main page on your phone there should be link that says 'show new replies to your posts' click on it to see replies on threads you participate in and the other link should tell you all unread posts in general.
"Lovely band...they play music and everything..."
My Blog http://thelearningtoclogblog.blogspot.com/

Offline maureen

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 23 2010 07:20PM GMT-1 »
I did find Squeezy had had something set up for iPhones, but I prefer this layout for iPhone and computer.

What I would like is for Apple to use Flash, so I could access the main Bellowhead site on my iPhone, but I don't think that is in Squeezy's remit!
"nobody died wishing they'd done more housework"

Ant

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 23 2010 07:23PM GMT-1 »
Very true! Not being able to access the Bellowhead website is extremely frustrating!